First, I made Mark a Paula Deen Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting...all from scratch. I must admit, I used to hate making cakes from scratch, but the more I do it, the easier and fun it has become! I also must admit this was "owed" to him since he correctly predicted who would win American Idol (yes, I lost yet another bet). Our friends John and Abby were in town for one night so they came over and enjoyed some cake as well. I have not tasted it, not even the batter, since I am still on Weight Watchers, but everyone gave it a thumbs up!
Next, I experimented with a few Weight Watcher friendly recipes. This is where the losers begin to rear their ugly heads. First, I made a bulgar, feta, and mint side dish that was delicious. I ate this all week for lunch since it was healthy, filling, and went well with some fresh, summer veggies. I also attempted a healthy version of Twice Baked Potatoes and a Turkey Meatloaf in the crockpot that did not turn out as planned. I was so excited to make a meal that Mark would be really excited about but it royally flopped. We ate it but it was not great. Luckily, my husband is just thankful to have dinner ready for him even though I felt really bad. Oh well, you win some and lose some, right?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment