Week 6 is over and I am happy to report that not only did I finish my four week bootcamp but I also lost weight!My first day of bootcamp we took body fat measurements, noted how many sit ups and push ups we could do, and timed how long it took us to complete an agility course and run 1.5 miles along with how long we could hold the plank position. After just 4 weeks, I made great improvements! I reduced my body fat by 2.7% (still too high though), I did 8 more sit ups and 10 more push ups, held the plank position for 4 seconds longer, completed the agility course 6 seconds faster and ran 1.5 miles 3.4 minutes faster than before. As far as weight loss, I just lost .4 pounds but I will take it. That makes a grand total of 4.2 pounds and many inches so I am happy. I am debating whether or not to sign up for the next round of bootcamp which starts next week.
I will admit, I took 2 days off of Weight Watchers this week. Yes, I cheated. This was a planned cheat though and not just an accidental one so I am really OK with it. One of my best friends from college came to Texas with her new boyfriend. Her parents generously took us all out to an amazing meal, we enjoyed some drinks, and even ate breakfast with them the next morning. I was not going to regulate my points while she was in town since I see her twice a year, if I am lucky. So yes, I ate and drank what I wanted, but am back on the plan. I even ran on my own this morning!
I will admit, as pleased as I am with my results this week, I did feel a moment of disappointment when I planned on wearing a pair of white pants that I could not even get on 5 weeks ago. I thought surely I could wear them out to dinner after all my accomplishments this week. I took a deep breath, put them on, and though I could snap them, they were not quite ready to be displayed in the rest of the world. White pants are not forgiving. I was very disappointed. I will just take that as motivation to keep on counting points and exercising.
My 5K is on Saturday morning so think running thoughts for me as I attempt to run the entire way in the heat of the summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment