Friday, June 11, 2010

Closet Cleaning

My first week on summer vacation proved to be a relaxing and productive one. I exercised five out of the seven mornings (including bootcamp), did things around the house, read a book, caught up on my stack of magazines (some as old as February!), knit a lot, spent time with Dixie while she was here for a few days (love having my Dixie girl home!), got a pedicure, and picked a project for the days I had nothing to do.

My first major project was tackling our closet. Mark and I both spill over to the two additional closets in our house (me more than him!) so I think it is important to clean out every year so I am not just hoarding clothes. I also needed to switch over to my summer clothes since the hot Texas temperatures are here to stay! Plus, let's be honest, I still shop so I am always bringing new things home.

This is what it looked like before - things everywhere and not neat at all.









After two hours of going through both my closets and all the dresser drawers containing my items, I had quite a pile. Throughout the process I had to remind myself that if I had not worn the item in the past year, regardless of how nice it was or how much I once loved it, I had to get rid of it. I plan to sell these items at a garage sale in the near future. This is the basket I started collecting things in though the rest of the pile is on our guest bed.
Here is what the final product looks like....much neater!

No comments:

Post a Comment