
I completed my third week of Weight Watchers and am pleased with my slow but steady progress. I was a little nervous to step on the scale Monday morning after the disappointment of last week, but this week proved to be better. I lost .6 pounds! I know, .6 is not a lot of weight, not even a whole pound, but I will take what I can get! The scale may not be showing me what I want it to but I can tell a difference in how I feel. I don't feel as bloated and gross as I used to, I am able to fit in a pair of jeans I couldn't put on before I started the diet, and I am feeling good about my Bootcamp workouts. Just got to keep trying!
Bootcamp continues to go well. The leader has us running, lifting weights, doing stations and relay races. All things that make exercise (decently) fun! I am still quite hungry throughout the days that I do Bootcamp but choosing healthy snacks allow me to keep within my point range.
Becky turned me on to a great new snack: dry roasted peas. I love them!!! They are healthy, salty and taste like a mix between popcorn and peas (that sounds gross but it tastes great!). They are available at the healthy/organic grocery store in the bins. Thank you, Becky!
No extreme challenges this week. We went to dinner with Doug and Becky to celebrate Doug's birthday but I was able to research online what I could order at the fish restaurant (grilled mahi mahi with no sauce and a side of steamed broccoli and cauliflower with water to drink) and remain within my points for the day. I even enjoyed a sliver of ice cream cake with everyone. I just had to account for it when tracking my points and I was ok!
Saturday night I went out with my girl friends for dinner, a movie ("Sex and the City 2" -- very cute!!!), and drinks afterwards. Again, I researched online what I could eat (turkey burger with lettuce and tomato, no bun, with a fruit cup instead of French Fries and a Diet Coke). I just sipped on water while the others enjoyed a beer. Yes, I would have rather had a beer, but it was really alright. It was just fun hanging out with the girls!

No comments:
Post a Comment