Mark and I celebrated our first anniversary on July 11
th. I can't believe it has already been one year...boy has time passed quickly!!! Throughout the day, I remembered (aloud so Mark could relive it all with me, he loved that) what I was doing at that time last year.

Mark made the day very special for me. He surprised me with a bagel and cream cheese breakfast (we never go out for b-fast), we enjoyed spending time together running errands and hanging out at home, and he planned a very special seafood dinner for me at The
Oceanaire. We even got to get dressed up and they gave us a special menu wishing us a happy anniversary. I loved it! They also gave us a free Baked Alaska for dessert and you know what free does to this girl!!!

After dinner we exchanged gifts (I gave Mark a TV for our bedroom that he has been wanting) and shared a slice of our wedding cake. I was a bit worried that the cake would taste terrible but it was YUMMY!!! Not pretty, but tasted just as delicious the first time around!

Mark gave me two wonderful gifts. I get to pick out a photograph from Russell Graves collection, a Texas photographer, at an upcoming show. The second gift meant the world to me. Apparently Mark was sneaky and cut and kept a piece from our first Christmas tree. He varnished it and made it into an ornament. I loved this! He is so very thoughtful.

A lot has happened in a year....Dixie has grown up, we have made (and continue to make) many improvements on our house, we became great friends with Doug and Becky (don't know what we would do without them!), we have shared in the joy of many of our friends finding out they are expecting a new baby, we bought two new cars, we managed to stay on a budget, and, well, the list goes on! I couldn't be happier with our life together. As we continue to grow and learn about one another, I can't wait to see what the future holds!
Our wedding day was one of the best days in my entire life. If only I could experience that day each year just as it was July 11, 2009 from the hair and makeup to the ceremony and the party. Even though I know I can't, I do get to experience everyday life with my great husband and I really can't ask for anything better than that!
No comments:
Post a Comment