Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Morning at Mr. John's

Mark's nephew came with us to pick up Dixie (yay!) at Mr. John's Sunday morning. Mark was sure Mark G. would have a blast seeing the different dogs and watching Dixie train but really, he enjoyed everything else John had at his house and could care less about the dog training.

Mark and Mark G. first checked out the mini-farm John's neighbor's have at their house. Mark G. loved the donkey and the chickens.John showed Mark G. his pigeon cage and even let Mark G. pet one. He loved this! Later that morning, I listened as Mark G. told the pigeons, "now, flap your wings as hard as you can...good job!" Pretty darn cute.Mark G. also fell in love with John's 4 wheeler and riding lawn mower. He asked if he could fix them and, being as gracious as he is, John said yes. This meant Mark G. played with all the buttons and pretended to fill the vehicles with gas. Later, John let Mark G. drive both the 4 wheeler and lawn mower. Mark and I were laughing and really enjoyed watching as the lawn mower went back and forth, back and forth. It was hilarious!After spending a short time with Mark G., Mr. John knew that he would be fascinated by the air gun that he uses to shoot bumpers for the dogs to retrieve. After John shot one, Mark G. asked he he could shoot. He loved it.Mark G. had a hard time understanding why he couldn't bother his uncle while he was working with Dixie. I let him use my camera as a distraction. He loved it and actually got a few good shots. I love this one! What an action shot!Lastly, Mark G. helped John clean the dog's kennels. He has a very powerful hose so when Mark G. first got hold of the hose, it shot straight up. With a little help, he was able to clean and water the kennels.







On the drive home, Mark G. continued to play with my camera. Thank goodness for digital cameras - I told him to snap away! I deleted a lot of pictures of feet, the car seat, and just about every individual item in the back of Mark's truck but did keep this one just because I thought it was funny. Gotta love a 4 year old photographer!!!He even got a picture of his Aunt and Uncle being a little silly at a traffic light.We had such an enjoyable time with Mark G. After lunch at Chuy's, we dropped him off at his grandparents and headed home. Mark and I were EXHAUSTED! We took a long nap and had enjoyed the rest of our Sunday afternoon being lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment