Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Latest Walgreens Deal

I know, TOTAL NERD, that I keep posting pictures about my shopping savings, but honestly, it is such a rush and SO MUCH FUN, I really can't help it. There is just something about surrounding myself with coupons, store ads, a pair of sharp scissors, a pen and a pad of paper for 2 hours that is so exciting to me. Ask poor Mark, he has to live with me every Sunday afternoon....

This Sunday's shopping was different. It is the end of the month so our grocery money was low so I had to figure out how to get the essential fruit, fresh veggies, and lunch stuff along with any other purchases without going over $23. Luckily, I had stocked up on meats at Market Street earlier in the month so we had plenty of choices for dinner - just had to grab from the freezer.

Thank goodness for Walgreens!!! I got 2 - 15 packs of water, a ChapStick, 4 packs of Trident gum, a Softsoap starter pack and a refill, and a canister of Mentos for $2.05. A single pack of Trident gum usually costs $1.70 by itself....wow, was I pleased!
Mark didn't arrive home until later Sunday evening so I left my Walgreens display up for him to see. He was surprised and excited about my deals and savings, but also gave me the "I love you, but you are nuts" look.

Until next Sunday...... :)

1 comment:

  1. So, you guys had meat and Trident for dinner? Yummy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete