Thursday, October 22, 2009

Duck Hunting Season Has Arrived


Well, it is time again for duck hunting. It feels like the season just ended though I am sure Mark would disagree. Mark is BEYOND excited for this weekend in Oklahoma. He has been gearing up by watching his TiVoed duck shows, is making a trip to Cabella's to pick up some gear this evening, and even finished his duck butt project (sounds bad, but it is the tail end of a decoy that sticks up and splashes water to make it look like a duck looking for food underwater).

When Mark and I first got engaged, many people asked me, "how do you handle Mark being gone for the majority of 3 months during duck season?" or made the statement to Mark, "looks like you won't be duck hunting as much now that you have a wife." Quite honestly, I am happy that Mark has something he is passionate about, looks forward to, and allows him some man time. It isn't like golf that takes up an entire day and is played year round. Duck hunting is a hobby that he does in the wee-hours of the morning and still allows him time with me in the afternoon or evenings, it isn't year round, and he has made some amazing friendships with great guys (who also have great wives!). Hunting will never be something that we share together (except for enjoying the meat he brings home!) - it is Mark's thing and I am happy about that.

So what do I do while Mark is away? Girl stuff!!! I go to dinner and movies with friends, do facials at home, go shopping with my Mom, read A LOT, work on projects at home, and have girl's night with Bandera (she loves to curl up on the couch with me and watch tv then go to bed super early!).

As much as I miss Mark during hunting season (and I do miss him A LOT!), he always returns tired and dirty but over-the-top happy....and happy to see me. He even is thoughtful enough to bring me presents sometimes! Who could ask for anything more than that???

No comments:

Post a Comment