Monday, October 19, 2009

The Great State Fair of Texas

Mark and I spent our Sunday at the State Fair of Texas. It was the fair's last day so we figured it wouldn't be too crowded which it wasn't until the last hour we were there. The weather in Dallas was AMAZING so it couldn't have been a better day for walking around eating, eating and eating some more....oh, and people watching in between.

We went to the dog show where we saw the Jack Russell's race (we thought Bandera would LOVE to be in the show and wear a glittery vest) and the Labrador's do the frisbee catch into a pool of water (Dixie would LOVE this). The Lab's could barely contain their excitement while waiting for the trainer to throw the frisbee. I could only get a picture of the pool but Mark got some video of the Jack Russell race.

I told Mark we could have our own fair show since we own 2 out of the 4 dogs they had in the act - we thought we could supplement with Doug and Becky's Labradoodle, Cali. I am sure she has some tricks that would entertain a crowd!!!

We each had our favorite foods at the fair. I love my Tornado Tators (this is a terrible picture Mark took of me but just focus on the Tators) and Mark loves his Fletcher Corny Dogs (he was much happier eating them than his face appears in this picture). We both ate corny dogs first....yum, yum.

We also both had Pineapple Whips. Mark got an order of fried bacon, fried butter (he wished he had gotten 2 orders he loved it so much), and some beer. On the beer note, I have never seen Mark get so excited about getting "a deal" than I have over his scoring a great ticket price on his beer. He knows that if you go in the Craft Tent, you get beer for 6 tickets rather than the 10 they cost outside in the tents. He was hysterical.

We found our favorite soup mix stand and bought enough soup mixes to last us until next year, went through the Embarcadero, checked out cars we couldn't afford, and, oh yes, left with 3 bags of cotton candy on our way out of the fair. Overall, it was a great day together!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome day at the Fair! Mark Garrett wants to know if you and Uncle Mark got to drive the racecars!

    ReplyDelete