Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trip to Nashville

I decided to take a short trip to Nashville last week. I love Nashville. I love the food, I love that it is a big city with a small town feel, and I love my friends who live there. I lived there for a total of 7 years which seems like a long time but considering I spent 4 years in college and taught for 3, it went by pretty fast! I have wonderful friends who still live there so my time spent with them is always special to me.

I spent two nights with Jodi, Chad and Sophie. Sophie and I are good friends now. She even took her first two steps while I was there! I think she loves her Aunt Meghan!
It rained the whole time but we managed to still eat, eat and eat some more before going home to crash on the couches and talk. Jodi and I talk just about every morning on the way to work so we had no problem at all spending an entire afternoon chatting away while we watched Sophie play. I even got a nap! Here is a picture of "the girls" after our yummy black bean salads at Calypso....
And a picture of the Princess Cupcake from GiGi's that I was dreaming for two days before arriving in Nashville. This has to be the most delicious cupcake I have ever eaten. Jodi has brought these on an airplane to Dallas the past two times she has visited. Look at the frosting, wow!!!
The next day I spent with my dear friend, Megan. She and I have been friends since teaching 2nd grade together at Ensworth in Nashville. We met and shopped in Hillsboro Village and in Green Hills before hitting up Baja Burrito for lunch and Tasti Dlight for some yogurt. She was also kind enough to drop me off at the airport.

I had such a wonderful time. Of course I missed Mark and Dixie so I was happy to arrive home on Saturday!

And, on a side note, our Miss Dixie went off to "school" (or training) this past Saturday. She will be gone for 3 months in order to learn how to be a great duck dog for Mark. I had to say my goodbyes to her before I left on my trip. I told her Macy (my first lab who now lives with my parents) graduated with a diploma from her school so I expected the same out of her. If she is anything like her human mom (me), she will study hard, be excited about learning, and try to perform well. If she is anything like her human dad (Mark), she will have tons of fun, make lots of friends, and be known around the kennels as cool. Hopefully she does a little bit of both while she is gone. I miss her tremendously already so here is a cute baby picture of our Miss Dixie shortly after she arrived in Dallas. My how she has grown!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment