Monday, October 19, 2009

My First Craft Project!

Saturday was a busy day for me. Mark had to work so I kept myself busy doing other things. First, I went to a difficult but great workout class with my neighbor friend, Becky. She is much better at kick boxing moves than I am but I made it through the hour-long class which I was happy about. I am sore today but am thinking I will attend the class on a regular basis. It is good to be a little sore, right?

Then, my mother-in-law came over to help me strip the dining room table in order to refinish it. After 3 hours of circular motions, a quick trip to Lowe's, and some more scrubbing, we got it all off. I so appreciate her helping me with this project. I have to sand it down a bit more this week and then we will be able to stain it.

Saturday night, Becky and I left her (adorable) baby, Charlotte, with Mark and Doug and hit up Michael's for some crafting materials. We decided to make holiday wreaths for our door. I was very unsure of myself, but after lots of help and good advice from Becky, we had our materials and returned home to a yummy pasta dinner that Doug made and Mark oversaw while he played Guitar Hero. Becky and I had so much fun spending nearly three hours making our wreaths, talking, watching "Toddlers and Tiaras" and eating some ice cream with Magic Shell! I am pretty happy with the final product and so thankful Becky is my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment