Monday, October 3, 2011

A Weekend Together

Mark and I spent the weekend in Austin together.  Although I didn't take any pictures, we had a great time together!  Time apart has taught me to really, really appreciate the time Mark and I have together and that I made a really good choice in marrying him.  While I am overly organized, a planner, a total worrier, and a nights-at-home kind of girl, Mark is none of those things.  He is always up for a good time, lives weekend to weekend, knows how to really experience and enjoy life, can easily make people laugh, and makes the best of not so great situations.  We balance one another out which I could not be happier about.  I was really reminded of that this weekend.

The only thing I really wanted to do while in Austin was to go to Amy's Ice Cream.  That ice cream is beyond good!  Mark was a total trooper and walked over a mile with me to get the ice cream then walked back to the hotel.  The dark chocolate with graham crackers and marshmallows was worth every step in my eyes!


When we weren't eating breakfast, lunch or dinner, we hung out with some of his friends.  We went over to one friend's house while they watched the Alabama football game (I played the their dogs).  After that we went to the Lucero concert which was really good.  Mark has good taste in music, and, although I am not that into music, I always enjoy going to concerts with him!  This girl was up until 2:40am so I must have had fun!

 I will say, being pregnant and limited to drinking water everywhere we went really makes for a different vacation experience.  I was never a heavy drinker before, so please don't misunderstand me, but I always enjoyed having a drink or two while with friends at dinner or at a bar.  Not this time!  I told Mark that my eyes and ears were opened to a lot more, especially at 2:30 in the morning in downtown Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment