We are getting a new-to-us dog and I couldn't be more excited! Her name is Lonestar and she is a Boston Terrier. She is 8 years old and couldn't be a sweeter dog. She was originally Mark's sister's family's dog, but Alicia asked if we would like to have Lonestar since she has three kids to chase after and they moved to a new house with three levels which isn't great on Lonestar's joints. She didn't have to ask me twice - of course I said yes! I actually said yes before even talking to Mark about it but I knew how much he loved Lonestar so I wasn't too worried about him saying no to this request for a dog (although I have received MANY no responses in the past!).
Mark's mom was kind enough to fly home with Lonestar. Mark was able to pick her up yesterday from his parent's after a belated birthday dinner. She will come to her new home on Friday and I can't wait! This is the picture Mark sent me just after picking her up. So funny!
I already love Lonestar and can't wait for her to join our little family! I know Dixie is going to be so excited to have a new sister. She has really missed having another furry companion since the death of Bandera. Lonestar may get too much love at the beginning between Dixie and me, but hopefully she will like her new home! Thank you to Alicia, Tim, Mark Garrett, Luke, and Caroline for trusting us to love Lonestar as much as you all do!
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment