Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lonestar's First Weekend

Oh boy, am I in love with Lonestar!  I am such a dog person it isn't even funny.  If I love my pets THIS much, how much am I going to love my child????  Yikes!

Lonestar had a great first weekend at her new home.  Dixie really wanted her to play and chase her, and Lonestar humored her, but in very small bits.  I think Dixie misses Bandera who would chase her for hours.  One thing is for sure, Lonestar loves to sleep.  I think her new favorite spot is laying on the couch with me or Mark while we watch TV.
 She even made an excellent travel companion for Mark.  This is a picture he sent me while he was
driving home with Lonestar from Austin.  He said she just sat there the whole time and shared his snacks. So far she is winning "the best dog" award in our house.  We have never had such a well-behaved, chill dog before Lonestars arrival!
Lonestar made us laughmultiple times this weekend.  First, she thought her new bed was Dixie's large bed.  Dixie seemed to think otherwise....love this look she is giving Lonestar!
This is a video of Lonestar picking out her food and only eating the pieces she liked (Dixie's food that we gave her a few pieces of) and leaving her regular food to the side.  Mark and I were literally cracking up because she did this with such purpose and intent.  She did eat all her food but wanted to eat the tastiest food first!

We bought Lonestar a small bed that would fit her and look who decided this new bed would be the perfect spot to take an afternoon nap.  Dixie cracks me up!  She truly doesn't realize how big she really is!


I asked Mark to take a picture of me and my girls.  He said I am now officially the "crazy dog lady" because I am so happy to have my house filled with wagging tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment