All of the baby books say the soon-to-be Moms (that's me!) begin the nesting process early in their pregnancy. I have begun putting all of my little sticks in order around our house, that's for sure!
First, I decided to tackle our closet. I had let the organization go so it needed more than a little face lift.
I decided to start by separating maternity versus non-maternity clothing, going through all the toiletries and throwing away unnecessary items, sorting the shoes, and starting another pile for a future garage sale. I came away with quite a bit of trash! Mark ordered another piece of shelving for our closet so we can store all the toiletries in the closet rather than in various places around the house. We are just waiting for its arrival on our doorstep! I think the almost-final product looks much better!
Second, I began to sort all the baby items we had been gifted. We have such sweet friends who were kind enough to give us a variety of items that they are no longer using. I sorted, washed, laundered, and re-sorted and ended up with this....lots to be thankful for, huh???
Third, I re-organized and added to our dining room cabinet. It was a mess before and looks beautiful after! I was able to get all the birthday dishes, placemats, and other less frequently used dining items in this cabinet where they were spread about before.
I still have lots of areas to clean out (guest room closet, Mark's man room (i.e. future nursery), pantry, and dresser) but I am happy to have started on this project!
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment