
There were two parts of this week that were particularly hard for me. First, it was my Mom's birthday. We went out to dinner to a French restaurant where everything is covered in creamy, delicious sauces. I was very careful to eat low point foods all day since I didn't know what to expect from the menu. I ended up creating my own dish of grilled, dry tilapia with a side of steamed, dry green beans. While everyone else ate key lime pie with yummy graham cracker crust, I had a Skinny Cow ice cream cup. Jealous? Yep, I was, I admit it. The second tough time was when we were out to breakfast at a hole-in-the-wall place where grease comes with everything. Thank goodness they had fruit and EggBeaters available. The waitress mocked me as we were eating and honestly, it really hurt my feelings. I even got a little teary-eyed. I wanted to say, "really, you think I want to eat this instead of pancakes, biscuits, or French Toast?" It was really rude of her. I left both occasions though knowing that I had done what I needed to do in order to lose weight. And, for that, I am very proud of myself. Like I said last week, this is all my choice. No one is forcing me to do this.
I am well aware of the fact that occurrences like this will continue to happen and that a zero weight loss will surely happen again, but it doesn't make the journey any easier. I think losing 2.8 pounds last week was a lot so my body is just regulating itself. Regardless, I would have loved to see one measly pound pop up on the scale! Maybe next week will show some better results. It would be easy to give up right now and eat a huge, delicious meal, but nope, I will keep trying!

Meghan! Do not be discouraged! That waitress at the restaurant had her own issues.... I was so impressed at how you handled yourself and stuck to your guns! It was very inspirational!
ReplyDeleteYou will have to meet our newest member of the Traupman household!!! We got another dog. Heaven help me! One of my coworkers had a stray schnauzer and he was just so cute we took him home. Two cats and two dogs, I dont know what I am thinking. See you soon!
Abby and John
Hang in there sweetie! I am impressed with your tenacity...especially since I know your husband quite well!
ReplyDelete