Friday, May 21, 2010

A Deal-Filled Week

I thought last week was good but this week proved to be an even better week for free and/or good deal items! I arrived home on two different days to big boxes in the mailbox filled with goodies, samples and coupons. Some of the coupons were even for totally free items! I gave the Pampers to my neighbor since we have no use for those!
One of my favorite coupon blogs led me to this deal on a really cute, really nice bib. Since I know 7 people who are having babies, I figured I would jump on this deal and get this. It will make a perfect part of a gift for someone special! It retails for $12.50 (plus shipping) and I got it for $2.15 total!I also went to the Scholastic Book Fair Warehouse sale. I love these sales. They usually mark down books significantly after having all the book fairs across the state. I went to the one in Richardson. Everything was marked down 50% so I decided to stock up on a few Christmas gifts (yes, I realize it is only May) for our nephews along with a few sibling gifts for those kids who are about to become big brothers or big sisters. I love giving books as gifts! I got all of these books for $35 rather than $70. I was thrilled! I may keep Ping Pong Pig for my own children's book collection. I loved the story and even made Mark read it!

Yesterday after work I hit the mall looking for a few good deals. I left with this shirt which was marked down from $18 to $7, a sample of very expensive face wash that will last me 7 days from Sephora, and 3 pairs of underwear from Victoria Secret (I figured I would keep those wrapped up in the pink tissue paper for the picture!) which I managed to get for $2.13 (a $25 value!). Overall, a pretty lucrative hour spent at the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment