I officially completed week 1 of Weight Watchers. I am not going to lie, it was hard, but I did it. Like I said in a previous post, I know this program and know it well but always forget about the not so fun parts. I experienced some of those this week.It is really hard to go out and be social with friends on this program. I don't care that Weight Watchers says it is easy, it isn't. Friday night Mark and I joined some friends for dinner and then went to see Rodney Carrington (who is hysterical!!!!) at Winstar Casino. We went to Babe's Fried Chicken where of course, there is nothing I can eat there. I almost started crying when the waitress said they were out of smoked chicken and fried chicken was the only thing left for me to order. I made due and peeled off every bit of fried deliciousness and just ate the meat. As for the creamed corn, salad drenched in dressing, biscuits, and green beans, well, I ate a tablespoon of each. Not the most fun, but what was I to do? Can't be a party pooper and tell them we couldn't eat there! While everyone else enjoyed beer and drinks at the show, I sipped on Diet Coke. It was really hard! I was starving when we got home but decided to just wait to eat Saturday morning.
Saturday night we were invited to a crawfish boil. I had done so well all week at keeping within my points range, I was scared to eat or drink anything there so I left early to go home and eat a salad. According to the other guests, Mark did a wonderful job cooking up some crawfish and veggies!
I know and understand that this is my choice, but what some don't understand is that I can't cheat on this program. I have tried it and you don't lose weight. So, I am either all in or all out and this time around, I am ALL in.
I lost 2.8 pounds this week so all the sacrifice paid off in the end!

No comments:
Post a Comment