Monday, May 31, 2010

Crawfish Boil

Mark LOVES crawfish so we decided to have a crawfish boil/grill out party on Saturday night. We did this partly because our friends, John and Abby (and their adorable dog Ellie), came to visit us this weekend from Houston and partly because we have wanted to have one all spring. It was a blast! We even got a picture together which so rarely happens.Mark ordered 70lbs of crawfish which was more than enough for everyone to eat. It even allowed us to have left overs! We also had grilled chicken, duck brats (from Mark's hunting), cole slaw (healthy kind), grilled corn, baked beans, appetizer munchies, watermelon, beer, and brownies. I think everyone left satisfied! I ate very low calorie food all day so I could enjoy in the food and drinks while still staying on my Weight Watchers plan. It was hard to pass up the appetizers and brownies (even harder not to lick the bowl and spoon after making the brownies!), but I managed.
It was great to have the little kids around. It served as constant entertainment. Charlotte loved the watermelon and corn on the cob! She kept going to different people to get more watermelon, that little sneak!









Elliette
thought she found her own stage on the Washer Board. She climbed up and down for most of the evening. Charlotte discovered the fun and joined in too!
Michael and Charlotte had a blast with the bubbles. As soon as Becky would blow them, they would both say, "bubbles!" and laugh.Michael also played a few rounds of golf with Anthony. He came prepared with his clubs and golf balls! Pretty darn cute.Here is a picture of Ellie. I love her. She is a great dog and I was so happy John and Abby brought her with them for the weekend. It satisfied my dog need for 2 days!
Overall, the party was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment