Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting Honest with Myself


I have to get honest with myself and admit that eating whatever I want and not exercising has not been beneficial to me. Fun and delicious, yes, but not beneficial. Imagine that! I am officially in need of a diet. My clothes don't fit well, I don't feel attractive or confident, I can't wear some of my favorite summer items, and I really don't want to feel fat in a bathing suit. Plus, I saw a picture of myself and thought, "really, I look like that???" Needless to say, not good.

What to do about it? Although I wish I could wave a magic wand and lose 10lbs or not eat candy for a week and lose all the weight (like my husband can do), that just isn't realistic. Reality is Weight Watchers. This is not my first rodeo when it comes to losing weight. I have battled this since college. I go through stages of skinny to fat to somewhere in between. Weight Watchers has worked every time I commit to it so here I am again. It is me and my dear friend the points calculator.

I tried losing weight a few months ago and failed miserably. As a matter of fact, I gained weight! I know Weight Watchers works if you really do it and do it right so I figured I would try it again. I am a lifetime member (sadly) but wanted to try their online method. I officially signed up today and am already tracking my points and documenting my exercise. Gotta say, it is motivating! I also enrolled myself in a bootcamp exercise class that starts May 31. Doesn't burning calories at 5:30am sound like fun???

I will be tracking my progress on the blog for I know there will be both high and low moments. The hardest times are celebrations and weekends with friends, especially when there are drinks or desserts involved.

So, if you see me looking hungry in the next month or two, I probably am!

No comments:

Post a Comment