Well, I will officially be walking in Houston at the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer at this time just two days from now. I was very calm about it up until this point. The nerves are starting to creep up on me!
I have all my gear. I bought another 2 pairs of socks yesterday after work along with some additional wicking capri pants. Mark was also very generous and took me to another store last night and bought me a good pair of shorts (when did shorts become so short, by the way?!?!?) and another pair of socks. He thinks I will be happier walking in shorts since it is so humid in Houston. We decided it would be a good idea to be prepared so he said he would hold the shorts for me, and if I want to change mid-walk, he will meet me somewhere. What a great husband! He has been very supportive throughout this adventure.
Truth be told, I probably should be a little bit nervous. I have not really "trained" for this as well as I initially intended to. I haven't walked a long distance in almost 2 months and really have been a slacker about going to the gym everyday. I anticipate I will be sore and am expecting blisters on my feet. Call it lazy, call it busy, call it neglect, but I did it to myself and I am regretting it now...
I really never challenge myself with physical types of activities so I am going to enter this with my game face on (I think that is cool to say if you are an athlete?). Many people generously donated over $2300 to my fundraising so I can't let them down! I am doing this walk to support Mamaw, to support others with breast cancer, and to help fund future research. I can do this....I hope!
13 years ago

You can do it!!! You putting a "game face on" cracks me up:)
ReplyDelete