Friday, April 23, 2010

Stories about Dogs

Every year, part of my job as the Lower School Testing Coordinator, is to administer a lengthy battery of tests to each child in the Lower School. It is a very time consuming process since I (along with a team of other testers) have to test, score, re-test, enter the scores, and get the reports ready, but it is also one of my favorites times of the school year. I like it because it shows the kids are making progress despite their learning differences. I like this time of year even more because I get to hear and see some of the funniest things!

One of the tests I administer is a spontaneous writing sample. I give this to second graders only. This year's topic was, "what is your favorite pet and why?" Needless to say, the writings were interesting but these are portions of my three favorites (spellings were corrected though sentence formation was not):

1. ....Simon is 4 and Mandy is 3. P.S. We got Simon before Mandy but we sure treat them the same.

2. ...I can remember how my sister first got her. One day my sister didn't want to go to Freddy's and the rest of the family wanted to and my mom and dad made a deal that we could go look at the puppies and my sister looked so pathetic that mom took one puppy home.

3. My favorite pet is a puppy. I love puppies because they can sleep with you, they are playful, and they are cute. Puppies grow to dogs. And when puppies are dogs they get more playful. And when they are dogs they can be loyal.

Too sweet and too funny, don't you think?!?!?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahahhaah!!! I still have a copy of that drawing that one of your kids did with the dogs humping. THAT was classic.

    ReplyDelete