Wednesday, April 21, 2010

17 Cent Amazement


After having a rough and very busy day at work yesterday, I decided to make a quick stop at my favorite Walgreens by my house. I had seen on a couponing blog that there were gummies on super sale, plus I had coupons for them, so I could not resist. It was going to make me feel slightly better, I just knew it!

I bought 6 packages of gummy bears and then found that Tostito's chip were also on super sale so I grabbed 2 bags of those. I hate paying $4 for a bag of chips so I usually buy a generic brand so buying "real" Tostito's is sort of a cheap (well, VERY cheap) thrill. Plus, it makes Mark happy.

The teenage boy behind the register started ringing me up and after I gave him my coupons plus my register rewards from last week's shopping trip, my grand total was 17 cents. Yep, 17 cents. The boy was amazed! He said, "wow, how did you just do that? All of this for 17 cents?!?!" I replied, "well, I guess I am a good shopper." Haha, I sure am! I wowed this teenager and felt pretty darn good about it.

Talk about a cheap thrill!

No comments:

Post a Comment