
I have 4 couponing blogs that I follow each day as I enjoy my lunch. One of them is saved on my toolbar as the particular date I began following this site and it was April of 2009. Wow, how time flies!
I wish I had a cool statistic like the exact amount of money I saved this year on groceries, toiletries, and other household items, but I don't...I just know it is A LOT! Just this weekend, I spent $5.36 at CVS and saved $36.86. I was disappointed at my trip to Kroger only because the things we needed were perishables so I didn't have a coupon for those items. I was a slightly depressed only handing the check out man a single coupon!
Silly as it may be, I have a few couponing goals for myself as I begin year two of my couponing adventure:
1. Learn free ways to collect coupons rather than paying for the newspaper each week. I already have a lady I work with bringing me her coupon inserts each week and another friend's mother sends me dog-related coupons once a month. Apparently, people dumpster dive (won't be doing that) and search for newspapers that are lying around at restaurants (already put my Dad on that mission while at Starbucks Sunday mornings) for coupons. Not that $12 a month is bank-breaking, but free is always better! If anyone else has ideas for me or coupon inserts you aren't using, please, send them my way!
2. Begin collecting baby coupons. Mark and I are no where near ready to have a baby (sorry to both sets of our parents), but our friends are so I will have plenty of baby showers to attend over the course of the next 9 months. I would love to get deals on items I can make into a cute baby baskets!
3. Cut our grocery budget by $50 per month and put that in a savings account for trips, furniture, or something else fun! We only spend $300 now so $50 is a significant amount, but I am up for a couponing challenge!!!
Happy 1st anniversary!

Hi Meghan, this is Becky's friend, Jennifer. Kind of a random comment...but Becky has let me know about your couponing adventures and I am very interested... :) What are the three sites you check everyday? I know it's kind of weird for me to ask all the way up here in KY. Hope you have a great weekend and that the Millays show you a great last-minute KY Derby party!!!
ReplyDelete