As usual, I am very excited about my recent Sunday trip to some of my favorite stores. This weekend's
newspaper was filled with great coupons! I had a true challenge on my hands: feed us for the next week for $30. Mark and I spend no more than $300 a month on food and toiletries (this includes laundry items too) and all that was remaining in March's budget was $30. Some may be scared, but not me, it was a true shopping challenge!!!
I only bought things that were either free or close to free. I went to Tom Thumb,
CVS, and
Walgreens. I got all of this from
CVS and
Walgreens for a total of $2.82. One box of cereal alone is usually this amount!

This picture includes the above plus what I bought at Tom Thumb for the whole week. The week's total was a mere $13. I was lucky and got 7 Gala apples free since the lady couldn't make the scale work so that really helped my bill.

Now, don't worry, we won't just be eating a microwave brownie and ice cream (both cheap treats for Mark). We have plenty stockpiled in the freezer so these are just supplemental items.
Last night, we had turkey sliders, healthy
cole slaw, french fries, fruit, and pudding for dessert. It was yummy!
I love a good
couponing challenge!!!
Meghan makes a great turkey slider! We really liked them!
ReplyDelete