Monday, March 22, 2010

A little here, a little there....

Mark has been working on our house bit by bit now that hunting season is over and I think it is coming along nicely! He installed a new bath faucet in the guest bathroom (tile is missing but will be installed!). The other one was old, plastic and didn't turn off so we needed a new one.

He also hung these picture frames in the hallway. I have yet to fill them with pictures, but I will, once we decide what wedding pictures we like (yep, still haven't done that either!).

And, the most exciting, we bought a huge area rug for our main room. We had been looking and saving awhile for this so we are super excited to have something nice. The dogs love it too, especially Dixie. She is happy to have something soft to lay on at night while we watch tv. I am posting both these pictures because in the first one, Bandera just happened to be sitting there when I snapped the photo, while Dixie was by my side. When I went to take another one, Dixie whipped her body around and positioned herself right next to Bandera. Guess she wanted to be in the picture too!









The weather was so nice last week that I decided to surprise Mark by setting up a nice dinner outside. It is the least a wife can do while on Spring Break, right? Well, we can't really afford patio furniture (too many other things to buy) so I made due with what we had. It isn't the prettiest but it allowed us to enjoy a nice dinner on our patio! The dogs especially liked us watching them run around in the backyard. Bandera "protected" us from all the birds!

It snowed in Frisco on the first official day of spring...that is crazy Texas weather for you! The snow was as tall as Bandera. It melted by the afternoon but it was a sight to be seen while on Spring Break!








While the weather was terrible, Mark took Dixie to her very first Hunt Test. I had to stay in town to do work for my class so Mark kept me updated via text. He pulled a fast one on me and convinced me Dixie did a terrible job all weekend and didn't pass any of her tests when in fact, she passed with flying colors! This is what Mark surprised me with when I came out to the garage....

Dixie was proud of the two ribbons she earned, as was Mark. Mark is such a good trickster and I am so gullible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment