Wednesday, January 27, 2010

OMG....I'm 30!!!


I had the BEST birthday this year! Although I turned the big 3-0, it was a great day filled with fun, friends, family, and lots of birthday love. I think this was even a better birthday than my 21st!

I gave myself a birthday present by taking a personal day from work. This allowed me to go to the gym when I wanted, get a manicure and pedicure, sweep the floors, and get ready for my birthday party all before going to my class orientation (I am one class away from earning an Educational Diagnostician certification from UNT).

Mark organized a little party for me at a sushi restaurant near our house. My friends with kids even got babysitters so they could come out! Here is a picture of the girls in my Girls Dinner Group that we have once a month (Mandy, Jenn, Becky, and me). Sarah Jane wasn't able to make it -- we missed her!

The food there is so yummy and everyone had fun.
Mark dripped soy sauce on his white shirt but thank goodness we were at a table full of Moms for Jenn had a stain stick in her purse!

Becky made me an AMAZING birthday gift...an apron! It was her first sewing project since she got a sewing machine for Christmas. I was so amazed at her talent and so touched that she would take the time to make me something. I love it, can't wait to wear it (I told her I would wear it even when I was microwaving), and, it even matches my kitchen! Very thoughtful!


Even Mark and Doug enjoyed the apron....well, maybe Mark didn't enjoy it so much....


Then, we went to an Irish Pub just a few doors down where we continued to celebrate!














Sadly, everyone had to return home to their babysitters and we were all getting tired (it was midnight). Doug, Becky, Mark, and I all shared a cab home where we continued to laugh and have fun at Doug and Becky's. This is how the night ended...guess we aren't the 20 year old rockstars we used to be!
Thank you to everyone for the cards, phone calls, e-mails, and love! You have no idea how much it meant to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment