WOW!!! That is about all I can say at this point is....WOW!!!I am so incredibly blessed and lucky to have such amazing friends, co-workers, and family members. In just 3 days, I have made it to 47% of my fundraising goal for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. I am blown away!!!
When Avon suggested sending an e-mail out to everyone I know, I was a little nervous because really, I don't think I know that many people. I have never been one to have a million friends, but rather, the type of person who has a few really close friends. Lucky for me, since meeting and marrying Mark, my friend group has grown since he has some pretty great friends too! Plus, Mark was kind enough to send my message and donation page to some of his work friends and even post it on his hunting forum.
When I sent the e-mail out asking if people would support me in my efforts to raise $1800, I was a little skeptical. This is a tough time for many people when it comes to finances, asking for money is never comfortable, and $1800 is a lot of money. To those who have sent donations and/or kind words, THANK YOU. You have no idea how touched I am, how proud I am to have this money go towards breast cancer treatment and research, and most of all, to know I have support on a journey that I am predicting won't be an easy one.
So.....please, please, please continue to help me by spreading the word, e-mailing co-workers and friends, and simply talking about it. Just $900 more to go (and hopefully a little more)!!!
You can see where I am by visiting my donation page here.
Much love and appreciation,
meghan

No comments:
Post a Comment