Monday, January 11, 2010

My Own Biggest Loser Challenge


I am a little obsessed with the show, "The Biggest Loser." I think I have watched all but one or two of the seasons. I love how inspiring the coaches are, how the contestants work hard and learn about nutrition, and how by the end of the time at the ranch, the contestants leave as new people. After the conclusion of the last season and the start of another season just a week ago, I thought, "I have weight to lose, why don't I see if I can get together a group of people and do our own version of the show?" And, guess what, it worked!

I e-mailed 22 people (friends, family and co-workers who had mentioned to me in the past that they wanted to lose weight) and of those people, 10 wanted to join me on this challenge. There will be a winner at the end of the 8 weeks and that person will win a monetary prize (there is a $20 buy in if you wanted to participate). It is all based on percentage of body weight.

I weighed in this morning, ate a healthy breakfast and lunch, and planned for a healthy version of meatloaf for dinner. When I get home from work, I plan on doing my Jillian 30 Day Shred video - it is the closest thing to being on the Biggest Loser ranch with Jillian!

Wish me luck! I have 8 pounds to lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment