Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A General Update

This weekend was a busy one!

1. I went to New Orleans for my friend Katie's wedding with another friend from work (Anne Marie). It was a beautiful wedding and quite the party! She and Tripp looked very happy. I am excited for them to experience all the wonderful aspects of being married that Mark and I have enjoyed in the 6 months we have been Mr. and Mrs.

This is a picture of me and Anne Marie at the wedding.
Here is a picture of the bride's cake and the groom's cake. He is an audiologist so an ear cake was pretty clever!









2. I was lucky enough to have MLK Day off from school so I was able to catch up on all the little things like laundry and grocery shopping (saved 50% at Kroger this week -- woo hoo!!!) that I usually do on the weekend. I also had to do a long walk to make up for the walk I should have done on Sunday but I couldn't since I was traveling.

The walk was 8 miles long. I have to admit, I was kind of excited to see if I could walk that much, and guess what? I did it! Mark was kind enough to let me borrow his IPod (yes, it is 2010 and I don't own an IPod) so it made the 2 hours go by fairly quickly. Not gonna lie, 8 miles is a long way and when I drove it in my car to figure out where I had to go, I thought it was a mistake, but oh no, it was not! Needless to say, I survived!

3. I also had to weigh in for my Biggest Loser challenge. Much to my dismay, I lost .2 lbs which is equivalent to a glass of water as far as I am concerned. I was disappointed considering I exercised every day (even at the hotel), ate well all week, and passed on the yummy fried food at the wedding (I did eat a small plate of other yummy food though). Oh well, maybe next week will be better for me!

4. Here is my Biggest Loser "before" picture.
I purposely posed like this since all the contestants pose like this when they are on the show. When I asked Mark to take a picture of me like this, he rolled his eyes, laughed, and told me I was nuts. Yep, I am, but a little fun never hurt anyone (especially someone who wants to lose weight!). He agreed!

5. As far as fundraising for my Avon walk goes, I am at 61% of my fundraising goal thanks to a few VERY generous donations over the weekend. I need to walk 6 miles when I get home tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment