
After a WONDERFUL birthday (pictures and post to come....), I have news to report on both my Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and on the Biggest Loser challenge.
First for the good news....thanks to my very generous friends and family, I have managed to raise $1381.00 for breast cancer research. Wow!! My goal is $1800 so that means just $419 to go. I think I can do it! If you would like to help me reach my goal, or, know someone who would, visit my page here. THANK YOU!!!!
This week I walked a total of 22 miles as part of my training. Each day, a different amount is recommended in order to reach the 39 miles on the day of the event. Yesterday, I did 10 miles which was the longest I have ever walked at one time in my entire life. It took me 3 hours. Luckily, it didn't really feel like 3 hours because I had Mark's IPod with me and my wonderful friend/neighbor, Becky, met me and we walked and talked for 4 miles.
I also ordered 2 pairs of new shoes and bought 2 new pair of socks to try out. Blisters are starting to form on my feet so I need a good pair of thick socks with wicking material (according to the professionals!). Next purchase, official walking clothes!
In Biggest Loser Challenge world, I did not lose a single pound for a second week in a row. Very frustrating! Mark thinks it is because we celebrated my birthday this weekend which could be true though I figure all the walking and exercising I am doing should counteract all of that. Who knows! Regardless, everyone else in the challenge is losing weight so that is good news!

No comments:
Post a Comment