
We celebrated Mark's 30th birthday Saturday night. Oh, was it fun!
I contacted Mark's college friends (who all live in either Houston or Austin) a month ago and told them we would be having a party at our house for Mark's birthday. After they all said they would come, we decided to keep it a secret from Mark. Now I am terrible at telling lies, especially to Mark, but I was able to do it. We pulled off the secret and Mark was very surprised! We also invited hunting and work friends of Mark's so we had 25 people at our house. Even the dogs had fun playing with Tye, another Jack Russell.

I devised this entire plan which allowed Mark to be surprised by his friends and allowed me to still make it to Michael's (Jenn's son) 2nd birthday party and prepare for Mark's party all while Mark enjoyed football with his friends at Anthony's house. It was a whirlwind Saturday, but I pulled it off!
I had Babe's cater (doesn't get better than their fried chicken, sides, and biscuits!). This entire case was filled with hot, fried chicken deliciousness!

The sides and biscuits were equally as delicious!

We got a keg of beer, had Jeff (Mark's cousin) play the guitar, and we played a few college-style drinking games. I think it is pretty safe to say, everyone there had a great time! There was even plenty of Babe's chicken and sides left over to allow for extra meals for 4 families!


I love Mark and wanted him to have the best 30th birthday any guy could have. I am pretty sure he did! This was what our backyard looked like the next morning. Yep, we had fun! Thank goodness it was an easy clean up!

This is a video of Mark's cousin, Jeff, playing his guitar. He has such a special talent. It was truly a gift for him to play for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment