Monday, September 20, 2010

Patricia Polacco

Patricia Polacco, a great children's author, was at the local Barnes and Noble this weekend. I have seen her once before but couldn't resist getting to see her once more. She is an incredible story teller and quite a unique woman. I like her not only because her books are great, but she is also a learning different person. She tells children how people called her stupid, put her in the slow reading group, and made fun of her, but also speaks of how this difference made her special. She is honest but encouraging all at the same time. Since I work at a school for learning different children, I am particularly sensitive to this topic and how people treat these sweet children. I love how she handles this topic with teachers, students, and parents!

Patricia Pollaco has written a new book called, "The Junkyard Wonders." I didn't get to read it or buy it since the line was so long (apparently now you have to pre-register and get a band in order to get an autograph). I will be buying this book as soon as I have a coupon though! It was such an enjoyable way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment