
Boy, do I love to read! I go through phases where all I want to do is read books than other times I am content with just flipping through magazines while enjoying the fluff. When I lived in Nashville, I was part of a book club with some of the other teachers at school. I loved that academic time together with friends! I have searched here and have yet to find one where I would feel comfortable -- honestly, I was looking for women my age in hopes of making some new friends. After not finding anything online, I decided to check out the Frisco Library.
I attended the first book club meeting Tuesday evening. Although I was the youngest member by about 20 years, it was still an enjoyable 2 hours. We read an awesome book called, The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker. The leader even made food and drinks that went along with happenings in the book! I was very anxious to discuss it. It is so interesting to me that some people love a book while other people hate it!
I am going to go back to next month's club. Everyone is to read a different book revolving around a food theme and discuss it. Should be interesting!

No comments:
Post a Comment