Monday, August 30, 2010

A Weekend in Nashville

I love Nashville. I spent 4 wonderful years at Vanderbilt then decided to stay in Nashville and teach another 3 years before moving back to Dallas. I love the weather, the fun boutiques and mom-and-pop restaurants, and I love that I can return there and I am immediately reminded of all the wonderful times I had there as if they had just happened yesterday (rather than happening close to 11 years ago, yikes!!!).

I am also lucky that all my wonderful friends from college love Nashville as much as I do. We try very hard to have a mini-reunion at least once a year. This year, it happened that Lindsey (my next door neighbor freshman year and best friend since), Jordan (my hilarious friend since senior year), and Jodi (another best friend since summer of junior year) were all able to be there at the same time. We were also lucky enough to have my brother meet us there as well!

I was able to eat at Calypso for lunch and catch up with friends (below is Sophie, Jodi's little girl), get Fido cookies as presents for my parents and Mark, have brunch with my teaching friend, Megan, go downtown at night to go out, and shop at some of my favorite stores.Here are some pictures from my weekend trip:

It was an absolutely fabulous weekend! I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard and had so much fun. There is just something about spending time with people who know you, love you, appreciate you, and will forever support you as a friend. I may not have a million friends, but the ones I have are incredibly special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment