Monday, March 23, 2009

Worker Bees

We have already started renovations on our house - we didn't waste a minute! Mark's father agreed to help us on some big projects and we are so grateful for his time, patience, and expertise. I know nothing about home renovations so having the combination of Mark and his dad is a true gift.

Mark and his father ripped up all the linoleum in the kitch
en and laundry room while I began to remove wallpaper in the kitchen. They also helped me with this task. It is time consuming but not too bad - a perfect job for me! We also tested out the paint colors we selected and love what we chose. I also cleaned out the dirty refrigerator and the interiors of all the kitchen cabinets. This is a picture of an unidentified object I found in the bottom kitchen cabinet. Your guess is as good as ours as to what this is?!?!?

We also me
t our next door neighbor who is very kind and very talkative (Mark and I each spent 40 minutes talking to him). He is the self-proclaimed "Watchdog" of the neighborhood along with the president of the HOA. We are thankful to have an involved neighbor though we are sure he will provide many a good story!

We are planning on changing/fixing/updating almost everything in this house.
There is LOTS of work to be done but we have a plan and a budget so we are set to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment