I went to see "The Pajama Game" last night with some girl friends from work. I am so lucky to work with great women during the day that it is even better when I get to see them outside of school! None of us knew that this was an old Doris Day movie when we bought the tickets so we really didn't know what we were going to see.
The play was at the Majestic Theater in downtown Dallas. I had never been to that theater and it was beautiful - complete with gold-trimmed ceilings, chairs that allow you to feel every spring that is
The show was great but what made it even better were the two men sitting a row ahead of us. "The Pajama Game" had to have been his all time favorite musical based on the amount of clapping, grunting, and laughing he was doing throughout the show. We heard everything (and I mean everything) he said. By far the funniest comment he made was after one of the characters fell off a restaurant bench after indulging in a bit too much alcohol and he said (much louder than a whisper), "been there, honey!" All four of us could hardly contain our own laughter.
It was a wonderful evening and one that will be remembered for a long time to come!

Had I known that you did not realize "The Pajama Game" was an old Doris Day movie when we talked about it, I would have told you! Sounds like you had a great time! I suggest you work on getting Mark to a play/musical...ha, ha!
ReplyDelete