We were also surprised to have the help of Gary, Mark's father's work partner. He volunteered his time and we accepted! He helped Mark's dad paint two rooms and did a fantastic job. Mark's dad finished up the detail work on both rooms. These are expert painters! It is amazing how paint can change a room!
Gary painting Almond Paste
After a few helpful hints from Mike about tiling, Mark completed the crisp, white tile in our guest bathroom. It looks wonderful and I can't wait to see what the final room looks like. We have great plans for this room!
Tiled!!!
Mark and Mike also put the finishing touches on the laundry room floor so that is now complete. Having tile in there will be great for messes. I began painting in there this weekend where I discovered painting ceilings is my least favorite job. Here is a before picture though the after picture will come later.
I had a great time working in the house this weekend. I have learned SO much since this is all new to me. Everything has been fun (minus ceilings) but my favorite job so far has been painting doors. Yet again, what a difference a coat of paint can make!
Anthony and Sarah Jane also stopped by to see our house and tell us about their new home which is only 8 miles away in Plano. We are practically neighbors! Compared to their complete house, our house is a bit of a disaster. This is just a bit of what it looks like complete with the toilet in the living room....

No comments:
Post a Comment