Monday, March 23, 2009

Our First Home!

We closed on our very first home Friday afternoon. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I did not sleep a wink Thursday night. Most people I spoke with said the signing of the papers was boring but I loved every minute of it. This is a picture of Mark and I handing the lady at the title company our down payment and closing cost check. I thought it may be hard to let go of it, but it wasn't at all - especially when I knew we were getting the keys to our new home in exchange!

After leaving the title company, Mark and I went to purchase tile for the laundry room, kitchen and guest bathroom. We figured we were on a spending spree so why not continue! We found some great tile that we both loved. After speaking with a rather kooky, but very helpful and nice employee (she told us she named her son after a vampire), she found out we had just closed on our home and decided to sneak in an extra discount for us. This ended up saving us a ton of money so we were both very grateful for her generosity and help! Home Depot was our next spot where we bought shelving for the garage.

After a wonderfully exciting day, we met some friends who just moved to Frisco as well for dinner and some outdoor games at their new home. It was a great Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment