I am so happy to say I made it through my first trimester of pregnancy! One down, two to go! The time is flying by so I am hoping it continues to pass quickly so that, before we know it, our sweet baby will be here! Can you tell I am just kinda excited?!?!?
People have been so kind and asked how I have been feeling. Besides a bit of nausea throughout the day and feeling totally exhausted after a day at work (boy do I miss my summer time naps!), I feel just great! I was lucky to never actually throw up thanks to lots of water and lots of saltine crackers. I have been in bed and asleep by 8:30 most nights. I am thankful for a full night sleep and know that this won't be the case for very much longer. I have only gained one pound, after losing six over the summer and in early pregnancy, and am going to try my hardest to only gain the healthy amount of weight while carrying our baby (25-35 pounds).
The deal finder side of me has reared its ugly (or beautiful, if you ask me!) head now that I know a baby is on the way! Thanks to LOTS of great advice from friends and family, I am quickly learning how to save a buck or two while still getting quality baby related items.
I have already scored a few maternity clothing items for cheap! Between Craigslist, the Target sale rack combined with a coupon, and consignment sales, I have purchased 3 pairs of pants, 1 dress, and 5 tops for a grand total of $58. And, best of all, these are all name brand items (minus Target unless you say it with a French accent like I do to make it sound oh-so-fancy) so they should last.
I also bought our first box of diapers from CVS. My sister-in-law gave me great advice and said to start collecting diapers of various sizes throughout the pregnancy so that, when the baby comes, we won't have to be spending a ton of money running back and forth to the store. I am going to sign up for Amazon Mom because I hear they have the best deal but you can't beat free which is how I got the first box of 92 diapers!
Our baby is the size of a peach as I begin the 13th week of pregnancy. I am looking forward to really starting to show and getting to wear my maternity clothing in the upcoming weeks. Hey, this is my first, I can be excited about these things!
13 years ago



We are all so excited and thankful that you and this precious "Baby to be named later" are doing so well. We can't wait to meet this precious little one, next spring. I know one thing, he or she will get lots of loving from four very excited grandparents! We love you and Baby Miller!
ReplyDelete