Thursday, September 29, 2011

14 weeks: A Week of Firsts

The baby celebrates his/her 14th week birthday this week!  According to my weekly baby e-mail, he/she is growing and developing and is now the size of a lemon.  The site said he/she is 3.5 inches long which is so tiny when looking at a ruler.  He/she can now squint, frown, grimace, pee and possibly suck his/her thumb.  Amazing!
I continue to feel great!  I am very happy to report the nausea is gone and I am a lot less tired at the end of the day though still enjoy my 9-10 hours of sleep at night.  I had my first craving this week.....oddly, for orange juice of all things!  I have been having a glass every morning with my breakfast and it tastes like candy to me.  I continue to want salty things like pretzels and the occasional tortilla chips.  I am starting to show.  I have a hard pooch that really just makes me look fat (hence the comic above).  I can still wear my work pants but my jeans are tight around the waist.  Still no weight gain which is great news!  I also had my first hormonal moment while watching one of my favorite shows, "Parenthood."  All of the sudden, unrelated to the television show, I just started bawling.  I really missed Mamaw (Mark's grandmother who I loved and respected a lot) and then I figured while I was crying I should cry about missing Bandera (our dog who died in May) too since I do still miss her a lot.  It all happened in a matter of minutes and I felt much better when it was all over.  A looney moment, for sure! 

I also received my first shipment of diapers from Amazon Mom.  My mom-friends weren't joking, that site is great!  I got an amazing deal on 300, size 1 Luvs diapers.  I think my stockpile is set for size 1 diapers for now!
It is crazy to think in just 5 weeks, we will find out the gender of our sweet baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment