Saturday, September 10, 2011

BABY!!!

We are going to be parents....ahhhhh!!!! Let me tell you, I am beyond excited to get to share this news after holding this secret for 11 weeks. We told our parents first, then close friends in Dallas who we saw on a regular basis (they noticed I wasn't drinking anymore), then finally work and everyone we know!

Mark and I were ready to start this adventure but didn't think it would happen as quickly as it did. We are beyond excited but a little scared at the same time. We understand this is a huge life event, having a baby can cost a lot of money, and we often wonder how we will be as parents. But, in the end, you never know unless you try, right? So, here we go!

We wanted to tell our family in a creative way. My brother was in town from San Diego so we figured it was the perfect time to tell my side of the family. We had dinner at my Mom's house and right before I suggested taking a family picture. Mark took the picture and instead of saying "cheese," he said, "Meghan's pregnant!" This is the picture from that moment....couldn't have been any better! Yep, my Mom was pretty excited!We told Mark's parents by showing them a picture of the sonogram on Mark's phone after Mark told them a story about a friend going alligator hunting and catching an 11 foot gator. His Dad couldn't find the alligator in the picture (since there wasn't one), then quickly caught on that it was a sonogram picture! It worked just as well with his Mom. They were thrilled!

Mark's sister doesn't live in Texas so I sent them a box with their birthday presents (since most everyone has a b-day in September in their family!) and one package that said, "open this today!" When Alicia opened it, this is what she saw..... a little onesie with a special message!I am so excited to be a Mom! I can't wait to experience everything I have heard about from friends, buy maternity clothing, decorate a nursery, learn about our baby, and grow a family with Mark. I can't wait to met our little baby on March 29th!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the picture telling! Cutest idea EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, and I am SO excited for you two (three)! Praying for a smooth, easy pregnancy, and an easy delivery as well.

    ReplyDelete