My Mom and I decided to go on a mini-trip. After hearing about a small town called Nachitoches, LA, we decided to go there. It was a 5 hour drive from Dallas and we were able to stop about half way for a BBQ lunch. It was very small and quiet, but I really enjoyed the scenery.
We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast called the Jefferson House.
The room was beautiful as was the garden area over looking the Cane River. Our breakfasts were delicious too!
My Mom and I spent time walking through the town, shopping in their stores, eating, and resting. Our favorite store was one that we had originally passed but was told to go back and visit from the bed and breakfast owner. It was the town's mercantile. They literally had everything and anything you could ever want. My mom and I came out with a few kitchen goodies from the store!
My Mom and I were kind of disgusted at the thought of a meat pie but this town is famous for them so we decided to try one. Turns out, we really liked them!
We also visited three plantation homes. It was so interesting to learn a bit more about plantation life. I didn't realize how large some of the grounds actually were until we walked them!
It was a nice long weekend and what better way to spend the time than with my Mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment