Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Amazing Friend

I have many amazing, special friends but my friend Jordan has exhibited true generosity this year and it has really touched my heart. I can't think of a better way to let him know (other than telling him, but he doesn't believe me) than writing a blog post about him!

Jordan and I became friends our senior year at Vanderbilt. A whopping 8 years later, we are still great friends. I always make a stop in Orange County to visit Jordan while visiting my brother in California. He and I share a love/hate relationship with Snackwell cookies, are both obsessed with airplane cleanliness, enjoy apple martinis, and love to people watch. My face usually hurts after spending a few hours with Jordan because we laugh so much together. This is one of our favorite pictures together (with Steve - miss you!) -- maybe because it was taken in our early 20's......What makes Jordan special is that he isn't just kind, caring, and generous to me and our other close friends, but he is this way with everyone. In the past year he has shaved his head and grown a mustache in an attempt to raise money to support cancer.

Early this year, Jordan's friend's nephew, Marcelino, lost his hair due to cancer. What did Jordan and his friend Skooter do to show their support? Shave their heads! Now, anyone who knows Jordan knows he is a bit obsessed with his hair cut and styling so this was truly an act of kindness. I was blown away by this.
Most recently, Jordan decided to participate in Movember to support further research for prostate cancer. The men who decide to do this typically grow a mustache to show their support while raising money. Jordan grew a mustache and has raised over $800 in a single month. Amazing! You can still donate to his page here.Needless to say, Jordan is a great friend, uncle, brother, and son to everyone who knows him but I wanted to share his greatness with everyone else! Jordan, thank you for being my friend for so many years. You are one amazing guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment