Mark and I joined forces with Doug and Becky this year to celebrate Halloween. We had a great time! Charlotte came over wearing her cat costume. She looked adorable though didn't really make the connection that saying "trick or treat" meant she got candy.
We really wanted her to go trick or treating on our street so we could enjoy her candy but she wasn't up to it this year. Charlotte did love her sour gummies and 3 Musketeers!
The guys grilled so we were able to eat while we waited. The former 2nd grade teacher in me resurfaced...I couldn't help myself but to name all of our food in the spirit of Halloween. We ate Halloweenies (brats and chicken sausages), Vampire Blood (red wine), skeleton's kneecaps (chips), zombie guts (ranch dip), and beans for brains (BBQ beans). It was a tasty meal and lots of fun to eat too! We laughed when Doug asked Becky for more Vampire Blood. I appreciated him getting into the spirit of things!
Charlotte was only really scared of one trick or treater who was dressed up as a headless man. It was the best costume all night. She liked tickling us with her cat tail the best. Mark was, of course, her favorite "victim."
I wanted Mark to take a Halloween picture with me, but he hates pictures so we didn't get a good one. I decided to be silly while Becky took a picture of us. Guess she caught Mark as he was about to eat some candy!
It was a wonderful Halloween spent with our great friends! And best of all (or worst of all, depends on who you ask!), we were left with only a handful or two of candy.

No comments:
Post a Comment