Monday, October 18, 2010

Home Alone=Organizing Galore!

Mark went to Austin last weekend to see the Austin City Limits (ACL). It is a huge 3 day music festival. He goes every year with his friend Julian. I stay at home. Although Mark loves every minute of it, but I think it sounds terrible. Porta potties, mass amounts of people, late nights, and unpredictable weather conditions makes me more than happy to remain in Frisco!

While he was away, I was very busy completing some house projects. First, I cleaned every single interior window and window sill with cleaner I made at home (water and white vinegar). I wanted to do the exterior too but couldn't figure out how to get the screens off the windows. I figured I should probably wait for Mark to get home andhelp me.
I also cleaned out/reorganized our pantry. I had been stocking up on soups and baking items for the winter months but just kept throwing everything in the pantry. It needed help. Here is the after picture since I forgot to take a before (oops!):
Next, I tackled the refrigerator. It needed to be emptied and cleanedout in a BAD way! I threw away expired items and reorganized. Before and after:


And the freezer just needed some moving around...
Lastly, I wanted to move around some items in the laundry room so I could store so extra food items (i.e. my mass amounts of apple sauce) that would go bad in the garage. I saw on one of the blogs I follow, how one lady used shoe bags to organize her laundry room so I modified the idea and made it work for me. It sure cleared off space on my shelf! The first picture is before and the other 2 are after!

Mark was impressed at all that I got done while he was away.

No comments:

Post a Comment