Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cheap, yep, that's me!

WARNING: this blog entry may seem extreme to some, but I already know, I am cheap and am willing to do just about anything to save a buck.

I decided I was sick and tired of paying $2.99 (without a coupon, $2.50 with one) for a 6 pack of Jell-O fat free, sugar free pudding each week. That's $10 a month just to eat pudding cups! It is pretty much a staple in my lunch bag these days so I was determined to figure out a way to still be able to enjoy my favorite, low calorie treat while also saving money.

I decided I make my own pudding from a box and just fill cups. But what could I put it in so I was still getting a decent serving size? I decided to start saving my pudding and apple sauce cups and just re-use them! A little saran wrap and a rubber band worked just great!!!I was lucky enough to find JellO pudding on sale at Tom Thumb this week for just 89 cents so I bought 4 boxes. My idea worked just great and I am enjoying my pudding even more this week knowing it cost $3.56 for the entire month! A savings of $6 works for me!

I will be making my own JellO pudding cups each week from now on.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it is that extreme. I have to admit I have thought about doing just what you did with pudding!!

    ReplyDelete