Here in Texas we get the Fall season for all of 3 weeks so I decided to take advantage of the cooler weather by opening my windows and doing a little baking and crafting! This also all took place while Mark was away. See, I told you I was productive while he was gone!
I decided to do everything pumpkin. First, I made the delicious Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting like I did last year. They are SOOOO delicious and now quite a crowd pleaser. I made a double batch and decided to deliver some to 5 different friends since Mark was out of town and I know I can't be trusted by myself with fresh baked cookies.
Next, I wanted to re-create an idea I saw in my latest Rachel Ray magazine. I thought it was so cute and perfect for our front stoop. I scooped out the pumpkin, plopped in the mums and called it done! All the flowers and pumpkin cost just under $10 (with coupons, of course!) which I think is a great amount for something that won't last forever!
I used the pumpkin seeds out of the pumpkin and roasted them to make a yummy treat.

So fun! What pumpkin cookie recipe did you use? I tried one from allrecipes.com for my friend's shower and they were a spectacular disaster. Maybe because they used shortening...ew....
ReplyDelete