By far the funniest question during the whole experience was when the wood fllor man asked if I wanted to keep the carpet. I had to hold in my laugh. I wanted to ask, "would you like to keep dog pee and other mysteriously stained carpet?" but instead, I just replied, "no thank you!"
Mark and I are very grateful to his parents for allowing us to barge into their home for 3 nights while our floor was getting stained. Little did we know you had to be totally out of the house while this was taking place. It was a good test for me considering I am such a planner and had no clue this information was coming until the words left the floor guy's mouth. An hour later, I had Mark packed, me packed and Dixie packed. Whew!
Dixie really liked visiting her grandparents...especially because they have stairs. Dixie discovered she was pretty good at going up and down, up and down, until she wiped out once after going a little too quickly. That didn't seem to stop her though. If we didn't know where she was, she was probably racing up and down the stairs by herself.
These pictures are before, middle, my set up to paint all the baseboards, and final product.

The floors look amazing!!!
ReplyDelete