Afterwards, we grilled out with the other club members. Kevin made some yummy hamburgers! We spent the rest of the day looking at tile and paint colors for our bathroom, chairs for our dining room, and purchasing paint for our kitchen and living room. We also picked up Dixie's new dog box. This goes in the back of Mark's truck. She will stay in there when it is hunting season on overnight trips. It has air, heat, insulation, a water pail, and bedding - pretty fancy! Mark spent a lot of time cleaning it out. I think Dixie will like her "apartment."
Later (like 9pm later), we went over to our new neighbor's house. They are so much fun and even Dixie had fun playing with their dog in the backyard.
Sunday we had our kitchen cabinets, the living room mantle, and our front door painted. Oh my gosh, it totally changes our house...it's amazing!!! I couldn't be any happier!!! Our house is truly becoming a home. We haven't put the cabinet doors back on yet, the paint was still drying last night.
Here are the before and after pictures:
While the painters were painting, Mark and I spent some time at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We purchased some rugs for our house and other little things, but the best purchase was a Snuggie for me. I know it is past the Snuggie craze but I love my Snuggie. I enjoyed every minute I was curled up in it watching TV last night. Mark looked like a wizard when he put it on.

I LOVE the new cabinets! Meghan, they are so gorgeous. Are they dark brown? It's kind of hard to tell. What about the door? What color is it? I'm so excited to come home again and see it all in person. You are going to have such a lovely home. And it will feel even warmer all cozy under your Snuggie! :)
ReplyDeleteHaha! Yes, the cabinets are a very dark brown - they match the floors. The door is a blackish/brown. The paint color is caled sealskin -- if that helps at all!
ReplyDelete